The Code of Solaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This weekend:

5 posters

Go down

This weekend: Empty This weekend:

Post  Casprin Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 am

I know Josh wanted to stay here as well as K80 and Eddie, but also for a couple weeks now I've been SUPPOSED to take care of a friends kids for a weekend while the mother moves all the crap out of their house to Lakeland. She's told me the past two weekends now but as you guys know, I've wound up in the studio nonetheless. Finally there's a long weekend coming up and of course she's finally going through with it. So I don't know if its going to entirely fuck my weekend but I don't know if I can have people staying here they'll probably be here all three-four days from Thursday evening to Sunday nightish. Jag also is working a lot more at the club to help us save for the Baltimore trip, this weekend he has two shifts late in the night, so I DEF have to be home then or these kids will be home alone in my house fuckin shit up. I mean they're not that young but still there's a lot of expensive stuff here.

So, my idea is that, honestly, my part right now is the easiest. All the lyrics and vocals and composed and written for the songs we're finishing the structures to, and other than the new song I heard last weekend which kicked ass, nothing new on my part needs to be written. Song structures pretty much need to be finished up, and then I can probably just take the condenser mic to David's and knock the new vocals out in one day since its all pretty much done. Regardless of the songs that need restructuring, BOTH older Code:Iris songs should be re-recorded with better vocal EQ and effects, with less rushed/writing combo ALLINONENIGHT type motifs. As far as the older TMOS songs, ALL of them that currently exist have vocals that are TOO LOW, no one can hear what I'm saying. Several people have said it and it is always the biggest, and almost only, complaint. Will be easy to fix.

That brings me to what I plan to do. I really want to see you guys, all of you, and for more than just 5 minutes like last weekend. I figure when Jag's not working during the day a few days, I'll come over while he watches the guys and listen to what's good or throw down some new keys. Keys brings me to another point; if we're re-recording the Code:Iris songs before Baltimore (which I haven't heard anything about, it would be a little pointless since the structure is almost the same but I just figured I'd mention...) I'M REDOING THE KEYS. I can't stand the old ones. But yea, I'll def come see you guys, you can likely even come over and chill with us here even with the guys here its no biggie just try to keep the cursing and drug/sex/rock and roll down on low key because despite my persona I can in fact a responsible caring person sometimes. Razz

So, on a final note, I'll probably still be able to see you guys and get in the studio, the only major change is I doubt people can crash here unless its uber super duper necessary, but we can play it allll by ear. I will actually answer my phone this weekend, and check the forums. Texts are easiest.

We're doing great, Holidays are over, back to the grind; However, Jag and My birthdays are coming up Feb 6th and Feb 2nd respectively. I don't do birthday parties or really celebrate ever, but, this is the first time I've really had a group of friends close enough that I care about, respect, and love enough to actually want to spend my birthday with. Normally its me and David surfing the web till midnight then we cheer and smoke a cig, but, with those days gone, perhaps we can form a new tradition. Any ideas?
Very Happy

Hit me up, I'll work hard to make this weekend as successful as possible despite the little stitch in the plans.

I love you guys (and gals if K80 reads this, or Jenn, but I doubt Kim does. Razz)

Anywho, LISTEN TO LIL WAYNE'S NEW ALBUM "REBIRTH" IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.
Razz

I'M OUT.
-Cas
Casprin
Casprin

http://Myspace.com/Casprin

Back to top Go down

This weekend: Empty Re: This weekend:

Post  Josh Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 am

Hey man, I'm going to text you as well to let you know my personal agenda for the weekend is as well as tel you here. I plan on BEING down there for Saturday afternoon (t.o.a. around 3 or 4), and would like to stay the night, so I can track drums on Sunday as well.

Long story short, I didn't get to lay down my live drum tracks this weekend both because a) I found out that my China cymbal has a 2inch long crack in it and sounds like a grandma having an orgasm, and more importantly b) A very close family friend went into cardiac arrest during an open heart surgery, and hasn't woken up yet, so needless to say, I've been spending a lot of time in the Hospital this weekend with her family.

Cas, and/or David. If BEING able to crash at either of your places is a no-go, then odds are, I'll see about finding some cheapo hotel in the area. It's Orlando...there's got to be at least one! =)

I'm not sure yet what Eddie, and Johnny's plans are as of yet, but I'm sure they'll make a post as well! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

P.S. I need to see Jag! Last weekend, we didn't get to sees him at all! If need be, we need to hit up somewhere to eat dinner together as a family on Saturday!
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentOfChaos Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 am

Sounds great amigo, and yes Kim does read these forums for me while I'm at work Very Happy . I'll actually be in Orlando right after work today. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda bummed your stuck baby sitting cause Jag and I had planned for me to bring my 360 over while I spent the night. No biggie tho, I'll be gaming at Kims rents house so I'm good. Can't wait to see everyone again, so stoked! bounce
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I am not 100% sure yet, but I think I will be down there tomorrow for the whole day. It is between tomorrow and Saturday. I have to head back down to J-ville the same day, as I can't kennel the dogs and have no one to take care of them. I figured tomorrow would be good because then at least David, Johnny, and I can work on some new ideas for the newest song and get those laid down, then Saturday and Sunday Josh can take over the reins and map his heart out.

What's David's schedule like?
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:57 pm

lol! As awesome as the end product sounds, I believe I've already mapped to my heart's content! lol! Someone's got to do it though!
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm

hey guys,

im off friday, saturday, and i work sunday in the morning til around 5pm.
im down.

cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://codeofsolaris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down