The Code of Solaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religion Blog

4 posters

Go down

Religion Blog Empty Religion Blog

Post  Josh Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Cas,

This is a statement from me and me only, and is nothing that I will debate about. Your newly found "enlightenment" about the evils of religion and the ways in which you are trying to present them to all your little myspace friends is very contradictory, naive, and foolish. You state that those who follow religion are brain-washed. You my friend, have been consumed and "brain-washed". You state that after religion is gone, we may have peace. There will NEVER be peace. Prior to biblical and religious times, there exists records of violence, corruption, and evil. You are being hateful, and want peace, and respect as a result. Never will that happen. Never will you be satisfied because we will never know the truth, maybe not even after we've all passed on. It is those with the mind-set like yours who caused such hatred between Christians and Muslims, and between the Sunni, and Shia, Jews and Christians, etc., etc. You, like a conservative Christian, see no other truth, and will damn all those in opposition with deaf ears. The same way this post will be heard, by deaf ears and read by blind eyes.

I cannot associate myself with someone who is so disrespectfully hateful, and inconsiderate of so many that make up this wonderful, and mysterious place called Earth. I've looked passed a lot of things that I've disagreed with, and you know it, but this has crossed the line for me. You are a hypocrite, always preaching one thing, and practicing others. Man up. Stop whining about everything, and enjoy life. Suck it up, and stop trying to open people's minds, when your own mind is eternally closed.
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Religion Blog Empty Re: Religion Blog

Post  Admin Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:06 pm

i kind of feel the same way too.
i understand how you feel cas, and how it brings the hatred out of you.
i went to a Christian school for a large portion of my childhood, and went to southern baptist churches my whole life.
and at the age of 6 or 7, i already knew what was happening at these places was wrong or i didn't agree with.
but honestly, if we ever want any type of success in life it cant be obtained by burning all your bridges.
ive known you for a long ass time, and ive spent alot of time having faith and helping you become a stronger more well rounded person.
because i know you have potential to become the person/musician you want to be. but
and i cant tell you how much it hurts me when i still see your still stored up with hate.
i dont even feel safe driving with you, because your emotions and dealing with your surroundings shows on the road when your the only one swerving and cursing your surroundings. and probly after reading this, you could cause a storm.
but why? because were trying to help you?
trust me, i know why your pissed off.
i grew up being the small kid in a all black school in pine hills, stuffed in lockers, spit on by varsity football players at dr phillips, a house of drug abuse and physical abuse. and i learned really quick growing up in that type of enviroment, when you throw a punch back it comes back twice as hard.
it really dawned on me, when a kid twice my size told me to try and suck my own dick as he has punching me as everyone in class was watching. and in a positive light, i smiled and jokingly did it for amusment. everyone in the classes eyes lit up, that i would subject myself to be the but of the joke and be the smaller person.'
and smart successful people know this.. you cant tell me lil wayne and kanye west got street cred being big bad asses, yeah right.. those are some tiny black dudes. instead, they got on the grind for hours and hours in the studio, instead of getting wrapped up in fights about whos right and whos wrong.
and on a good day i love when i get to see the cas that makes everyone in a room laugh, and just steals the show.
those are the good times i remember, and hopfully get to see again soon.

after writting all this, and talking about cas.
i still feel on my part, i need a break musically. not because of cas, or because of you guys. it just think its safe to say that the chapter of our musical ventures are done. it seems were all burnt out trying to make this thing work.
you guys are code iris, im the mind of solaris, and cas is the big scary monster lol.
i really dont see this band really going any farther. not that i regret it, i learned a shit ton from you guys.
but i dont feel the same chemistry from when we started.
IN THE FUTURE I HOPE TO WORK WITH YOU ALL AGAIN. bigger and stronger.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://codeofsolaris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm sorry that you don't see my whole existence worthwhile because our opinions differ.

I don't really care.

No one on this earth is speaking up or out against the evils of religion.
Sorry.

I can't sit idly by. I've spoken to Eddie LONG AND HARD about my views, and you know what? He agrees. We spoke for almost 2 hours in my old car one day at practice about how Christians like he were the only ones I respected and saw as a worthwhile belief system. Talk to Eddie dude. If what I have to say angers you, than sorry, you're just a sheep like them. Eddie actually GETS it, he sees the spirituality in all the madness, the dogma, the murder, and prejudiced, the spite. And yet you don't see him complaining do you? And he's the one in the band who is a professed Christian! Hahahaha. Perhaps he hasn't read or hasn't spoken up, but bro, if you think I am attacking every single Christian, or religious person, or any of that, not only did you not read, but you don't know me at all.

Really?

And Eddie if I'm upsetting you by being outspoken about this, fine, I never have hidden it. I won't hide it. Silence only propagates the bad, instead of reforms the bad while keeping the good. I can't believe PROGRESSIVE musicians would fight progress.
Sad, sad, sad.

Josh, what you have shown to me here is nothing more than a personal attack on my beliefs. I am not fighting all of everything, for nothing is ever ALL one thing, nor ABSENT of another. That is foolish. There are good Christian people who get the real roots of what is important, but the vast majority are blinded and hindered from ever living and full and complete life.

I suggest you meditate some on why you felt it was necessary to attack me, yet I've never once heard you attack an evangelical who preaches far more hate than I.
Wink

Needless to say, I'm done. Fuck it.
It just seems to be a constant battle of EGOS, of one another telling the others how to live, what to do, ect. I've never once told Eddie I hated him or thought any less of him for being a Christian, and if you think the feelings in my blog are new-found, boy you didn't even listen the FIRST TIME you were in the car. I believe our first conversation was on religion. What this REALLY stems from is likely your own spiritual lack of understanding. I can't give it to you, I don't know any better than you do, but what I can tell you, is I don't think you're in a good place right now, to be lashing out like that. Instead of asking me to clarify what it is you disagreed on so that we could talk like adults and perhaps grow and gain a better insight for us both, you flipped a shit like a little child.

Ha.

So, enjoy that.
To me, you all are a little green around the edges in this whoooole thing. David and I have been doing this and doing this and doing this. You learn to pick your battles, and use your fellow friends and bandmates as both people and tools to help better one another, and grow from doing so. I saw this whole thing as an opportunity for us to talk about our differences, since you obviously disagree so wholeheartedly against my views.

But, its YOU who acted like the Christians you compare ME to, lashing out like this at a close friend! Shame on you!
Haha.

Sorry buddy, I totally disagree with you on this one, and think you're being childish.
I don't think there's been an ounce of positivity on here or between any of us for a long while.

I guess then its time to say the end or grow up and figure out what the fuck it is we do from here.

It doesn't get better than what we've got it. You really ready to go through 30 more singers?
You really think you can do better?

I'm not saying I'm the best, nor David, but, for what we all could do bro, and despite the differences how similar we all are; It doesn't get better than this, trust me.

So, balls in your court big shot.

-Cas

Last edited by Casprin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casprin
Casprin

http://Myspace.com/Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 pm

And to David, you have trouble being in the car with anyone.
Razz

I am who I am.
Sorry.

You've been my friend for what? almost a decade?
I clearly said in the blog I am not burning bridges, I am not killing or harming people, I am not REALLY going to spit in Christians' faces. But if people see that, it will make them think.

I'm not a fool I'm not going to let my religious views destroy the band. Ya gotta be kosher in interviews, and talk the talk to walk the walk. ALL fans, even Christian ones can enjoy our music. That's why ALL my lyrics are subversive, and aren't blatantly saying how I feel. Did you ever READ the To The Core lyrics? Wink

I'm not a fool, I know the detrimental nature taking this standpoint can have. I'll say it again tho, I won't let it compromise the band. I really don't care about it that much.
But I'm not going to sit aside with my smiley face on either.
If people want to dig, and find my page, and read my views, they can.

The people on my page are a totally different group than those on the band page, I purposely add Zeitgeist folks and whatnot of like interests to discuss topics, and even encourage Christians and other religious folk to debate its not like I'm a conspiracy nut on anti religious lunatic.

I will, however, as always since the day you first met me be outrageous, loud, emotional, passionate, and outspoken. If that is what you are asking me to change, I'm sorry, I cannot, because I will not. That's who I am, and it continues to progress rather than stagnate, but it develops into newer and better things all the time.

I could sit here and explain myself all day, and make it sound REALLY good too! Fact of the matter is, explaining is for people who are ashamed or regretful of what it is they do or have done. I, am not. I am the happiest, most successful person I know. I don't mean that measured in money, either.
It ain't about money.

So, guys, next time you want to tread on me, look inward.

You can't rain on my parade, and if my parade is raining on yours, maybe you should do some thinking, instead of some yelling. Yelling makes nothing but a mob.
Wink
Very Happy

I wish you all the best!
Sorry I'm OH SO CONTROVERSIAL. But, hey, isn't that what makes me, me?

Maybe you all should make you, a little more you, too.
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 pm

And finally I don't see where everyone gets all this hate and anger in me from?

You mistake it for passion.
Everyone always finds me angry, just like everyone always thinks Jag's angry or brooding.
We're PASSIONATE people. He just never talks. I do.

And finally Josh, I'm really sorry you think all that about me, but in essence it just showed you don't know me; Ya just have the convoluted mishmaw of thoughts and worries and ideas you've heard from me but honestly, and it boils down to this:

None of us have EVER really just spent some time being friends.
Period.

You don't know the person, of any of us (except perhaps the original Code:Iris people, and even that I doubt considering your relationship with Johnny). You are always confrontational, you almost crave confrontation and fighting, it seems, because you like it. Its fine, we all do. Its a natural human trait. But bro Channel it better for real, not at ya friends and bandmates.

For me, we're not really "friends", we're more like business partners we (for the most part) like. And that is the problem.
Everything you've said about me I could easily restore your confidence in with words, conversation, logic, and reason.
What's lacking? Time, energy, motivation!

Sorry but, we're not really friends like that for you to ever REALLY know ANYTHING about me.
I wish we were. I wish we could be.
Maybe some day!~

Good luck!
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 am

Oh, and Eddie is a genius.
If all religious people were at least more like him, THEN Josh, then there'd truly be world peace.
And then I'd have no issue.

I think if any of us are the wisest, perhaps its him.
Sadly, the world doesn't work like he does.

Very Happy
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Cas,

I don't know about being a genius, but thanks Smile

Regarding this Religious blog, all I would like to state and confirm is that we DID have a long conversation about various religious topics, however many of the things you are discussing in your recent myspace posts were not relayed to me, and I don't feel that it represents the person I think you are, but if I misunderstand you, I sincerely apologize.

My biggest concern is with the Band. I have asked, more than once, questions regarding what has been done musically in order to progess our collaboration, our music, anything regarding Being, and have not received response from either you or David. Josh, Johnny and I have all extended ourselves to you as much as possible, including rearranging our schedules, traveling, changing our personal lives, willingness to be available every weekend, etc., in order to ensure the success of the group, but we have not received any response from either of you. What is most frustrating, I think to all of us is that this apparent "honeymoon" phase of being part of this wonderful collaboration is sadly coming to an end.

Let me note, We have never had any problems with your other projects, in fact we encouraged them, but it seems that our project that has been placed on the back burner and is not a priority.

I will always be your friend. We all know we have the passion, talent, and willpower to make this happen. However, due to your recent posts here, a mends will have to be made with the group if Being is still to exist as a whole. I know you love to have many things going on, and I respect that of you, and I understand if that is the way you want to keep it.

If anything else, I am glad to have met you and David and had the chance to work together.

Clef
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum