The Code of Solaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being's Epoch I album

5 posters

Go down

Being's Epoch I album Empty Being's Epoch I album

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Hello! I wanted to start this thread to post any thoughts, ideas, etc about the album that we are going to work on. Anything that has to do with concepts, art, songs, ANYTHING can be posted here! I will start with this: I recommend that we write all NEW music for the new album. To me that is the only way we are going to sound unified, and not like two bands coming together. Our music tastes are almost identical, but the writing styles and types aren't, and that is apparent throughout the songs. I know we can do it! I figure with hard work and dedication we can get anywhere from 7 to 10 songs in a couple of months.

Carry on!
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Being's Epoch I album Empty Re: Being's Epoch I album

Post  AgentOfChaos Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 am

I think thats a great idea. The band needs to sound more cohesive and that would be the perfect way to do it. Very Happy So we scrap it all and start from scratch, David and I need to begin the writing process.
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Agreed! Let's kill it!!!
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:35 pm

im still not sold on writing all new material.
especially if its based on the demo, and hearing that the mind of solaris, code:iris, and duality songs are all different styles.
yes, they all do sound different right now. i agree.
but, why throw them all away?
its very easy to create a cd with what we have and make all of them sound as one.
its really just tonal and dynamic characteristics of the recordings.
once we all play our own parts in the studio, "for example"
when josh lays drums down for the mind of solaris stuff. its going to sound completley different than the recordings. and i trust in that and i know its going to be mind blowing, and the cd is going to beyond our expectations.

but thinking that all of us have to be present for us to make the best music possible, is a bit too much to ask in a short period of time.
i understand thats how you guys have always done it, and i have no problem with it. and thats why i love the sound you guys bring to the table. but its really taking me out of my element and changing the way i operate as a writer and musician.
i probably will never be the type of guy who can just meet up and make music live. my songs often come to me when i least expect it, and i have to rush home to record it before i forget it. or sometimes it can be a long process and take months to record.

again, anything you guys write.. I LOVE IT.
but i would really hate to not meet your expectations if i were to drive all the way out to jacksonville and start writing a new album from scratch and it just not sound where it needs to be. because its just not where i shine, or excel at when i jam in a rehearsal space.
most of the time, i would probably be in the wrong frame of mind too thinking of the bills i need to have paid or personal problems.
my mind really has to be completely free for anything creative to come out of me. cyclops

and a big part of this being really touchy, and a sensitive subject has to do with the time frame, and our opportune moment to start touring and getting signed. im telling you, its going to happen guys. and i always hear, we are getting old, we are getting old ect.
but something like this, could really throw us off time wise. and im running on my last few gallons of gas too.
ive been in too many bands, and starting over and over. and its happening again.
i know for a fact, if i started writing over... i wouldn't be in the right state of mind. and for me to deliver something on par with anything ive written in the past is a slim chance. ive just done this too many times. what really makes or breaks bands, is getting out there.
i really have to think business this time around, because this is really my last shot at doing this. i have faith in all your guys talent and dedication that few people have in this world to make something like this happen.

but im totally down for writing all new stuff next time around!
and the next time around, we are going to be a signed known band who's touring and has more time and means to write music without having to worry about bills or personal problems lol. but right now, please please dont do this ;___;
IF ANYTHING WE CAN WRITE A FEW NEW SONGS ALL TOGETHER FOR THE ALBUM, I WILL DO THAT.
but, i cannot make a whole cd from scratch, im not martha stuart.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://codeofsolaris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentOfChaos Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Ok I completely understand your point of view. I discussed this topic with Josh and we were thinking it would be a good idea to have Tyranny, Season of change, spacefish (all working titles by the way), locust, Cosm, Perpetual groove, and Cosmonaut on the first cd. In my personal opinion these are the strongest songs we have as a group. The idea was to use these pre-existing songs then come up with at least one or two additional songs to complete our first album. I'm just gonna be completely honest here and say that all other songs from both sides don't do this band justice. They were written a long time ago and just aren't up to the high standards we have set ourselves to. I think it is realistic to be able to write at least one or 2 more song and just really focus on adding keys and additional guitar work to all pre-existing tracks. I don't think we need more than 7 or 8 songs on this first cd. These songs are very strong and will keep the listener wanting more; which is what our second album will deliver. So take what I have said into consideration. I think it makes more sense to pick the strongest of the bunch. clown alien jocolor
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Admin wrote:im still not sold on writing all new material.
especially if its based on the demo, and hearing that the mind of solaris, code:iris, and duality songs are all different styles.
yes, they all do sound different right now. i agree.
but, why throw them all away?
its very easy to create a cd with what we have and make all of them sound as one.
its really just tonal and dynamic characteristics of the recordings.
once we all play our own parts in the studio, "for example"
when josh lays drums down for the mind of solaris stuff. its going to sound completley different than the recordings. and i trust in that and i know its going to be mind blowing, and the cd is going to beyond our expectations.

but thinking that all of us have to be present for us to make the best music possible, is a bit too much to ask in a short period of time.
i understand thats how you guys have always done it, and i have no problem with it. and thats why i love the sound you guys bring to the table. but its really taking me out of my element and changing the way i operate as a writer and musician.
i probably will never be the type of guy who can just meet up and make music live. my songs often come to me when i least expect it, and i have to rush home to record it before i forget it. or sometimes it can be a long process and take months to record.

again, anything you guys write.. I LOVE IT.
but i would really hate to not meet your expectations if i were to drive all the way out to jacksonville and start writing a new album from scratch and it just not sound where it needs to be. because its just not where i shine, or excel at when i jam in a rehearsal space.
most of the time, i would probably be in the wrong frame of mind too thinking of the bills i need to have paid or personal problems.
my mind really has to be completely free for anything creative to come out of me. cyclops

and a big part of this being really touchy, and a sensitive subject has to do with the time frame, and our opportune moment to start touring and getting signed. im telling you, its going to happen guys. and i always hear, we are getting old, we are getting old ect.
but something like this, could really throw us off time wise. and im running on my last few gallons of gas too.
ive been in too many bands, and starting over and over. and its happening again.
i know for a fact, if i started writing over... i wouldn't be in the right state of mind. and for me to deliver something on par with anything ive written in the past is a slim chance. ive just done this too many times. what really makes or breaks bands, is getting out there.
i really have to think business this time around, because this is really my last shot at doing this. i have faith in all your guys talent and dedication that few people have in this world to make something like this happen.

but im totally down for writing all new stuff next time around!
and the next time around, we are going to be a signed known band who's touring and has more time and means to write music without having to worry about bills or personal problems lol. but right now, please please dont do this ;___;
IF ANYTHING WE CAN WRITE A FEW NEW SONGS ALL TOGETHER FOR THE ALBUM, I WILL DO THAT.
but, i cannot make a whole cd from scratch, im not martha stuart.
[u]

Yes, The task of starting from scratch would be far more arts and crafts than I think we could handle, and none of us are, in fact, Martha Stewart.

Plus, to write a whole new album, we'd have to spend money driving to meet to write together, which would push back the Baltimore trip, which would push back everything, and then we'd have all these songs that people are already familiar with and seem to really like, who I'm sure would love to hear them evolve as the band's sound truly merges, lost to time.

I'm fine with even removing the Duality songs to make room for new stuff guys, I only put those on there to give the demo buyers the most band for their buck, and a fuller CD. Its by no means a must on my part.

I had been planning to save it for a vocal project with Jag anywho, so, at the very least, that could solve the problem and free up space for new material.

My two cents.

-Cas
Casprin
Casprin

http://Myspace.com/Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:43 pm

After talking with Johnny, I think that it wouldn't take much time at all if we have Locus, coSM, Cosmonaut, Perpetual Groove, Tyranny, Spacefish, and Seasons of Change, with maybe two more new songs!

Cas, I love Story! I want us to work on that if you'd like us too! Eddie and I have been getting A LOT of feedback from that song, so I think it would be foolish to leave it out! lol!

My two cents!!!
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Josh wrote:After talking with Johnny, I think that it wouldn't take much time at all if we have Locus, coSM, Cosmonaut, Perpetual Groove, Tyranny, Spacefish, and Seasons of Change, with maybe two more new songs!

Cas, I love Story! I want us to work on that if you'd like us too! Eddie and I have been getting A LOT of feedback from that song, so I think it would be foolish to leave it out! lol!

My two cents!!!

story is epic! i vote to have that on as well. some really well written lyrics.
and yes, im down for writting 2 new songs from scratch as long as we have time to a) goto jax or b) have you guys all here to record ideas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:22 pm

My concern at the moment is how we are going to make all of the songs sound cohesive. From what we have discussed, and correct me if i am wrong, we all agreed to have that "ambient" "dark" sound, in short more like tmos with a little kick of prog/metal. If such is the case, then Locus, Tyranny, Spacefish, and Season of Change have the most work to be done to them. They are all extremely good songs in their own right, but as of now they do not blend with the sound we are trying to obtain for this first album. We all have a lot of work to do to get these songs fitted with Keys and Ambience, and maybe even some minor changes to have all the songs flow naturally.

I also feel it would best benefit the group to decide how the writing process is going to be for now, for example who writes what and in what order etc. This is not to take away spontaneity from us, but based on my experience once there is an agreed writing process things tend to really get going and start getting done quickly and efficiently.

DISCLAIMER: This is just an example and not to be taken as "this is how we are doing things", these are just suggestions based on what I think to be true.

If the above things are accurate and we are all in agreement, then my suggestion would be for Cas to write lyrics/keys and David write the founding melodies and riffs for the songs of this album. Once done then David can get with Johnny and/or the rest of the group to work on the finishing touches to that specific riff. David and Johnny could of course work collaboratively on the riffs, but as far as "sound", I would refer back to David for the initial idealogy and structure and then have the rest of us dissect it and continue to write until we reach its completion.

Just my thoughts for now gentlemen, please provide feedback and let me know what you think. Again if I am wrong about anything please let me know and throw ideas my way.

E.

P.S. - Also look at this as a challenge as well, things can sound cohesive without being exactly the same, so I would challenge Johnny and David to keep the creativity and flow of the music, and the album, diverse yet together. Very Happy
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:44 pm

frostypookyeddieeddie wrote:My concern at the moment is how we are going to make all of the songs sound cohesive. From what we have discussed, and correct me if i am wrong, we all agreed to have that "ambient" "dark" sound, in short more like tmos with a little kick of prog/metal. If such is the case, then Locus, Tyranny, Spacefish, and Season of Change have the most work to be done to them. They are all extremely good songs in their own right, but as of now they do not blend with the sound we are trying to obtain for this first album. We all have a lot of work to do to get these songs fitted with Keys and Ambience, and maybe even some minor changes to have all the songs flow naturally.

I also feel it would best benefit the group to decide how the writing process is going to be for now, for example who writes what and in what order etc. This is not to take away spontaneity from us, but based on my experience once there is an agreed writing process things tend to really get going and start getting done quickly and efficiently.

DISCLAIMER: This is just an example and not to be taken as "this is how we are doing things", these are just suggestions based on what I think to be true.

If the above things are accurate and we are all in agreement, then my suggestion would be for Cas to write lyrics/keys and David write the founding melodies and riffs for the songs of this album. Once done then David can get with Johnny and/or the rest of the group to work on the finishing touches to that specific riff. David and Johnny could of course work collaboratively on the riffs, but as far as "sound", I would refer back to David for the initial idealogy and structure and then have the rest of us dissect it and continue to write until we reach its completion.

Just my thoughts for now gentlemen, please provide feedback and let me know what you think. Again if I am wrong about anything please let me know and throw ideas my way.

E.

P.S. - Also look at this as a challenge as well, things can sound cohesive without being exactly the same, so I would challenge Johnny and David to keep the creativity and flow of the music, and the album, diverse yet together. Very Happy

doesnt sound too challenging.
all the songs you guys are working on just have to be recorded.
i really want to get some new songs on the being myspace anyways, at least one. so people can hear some of our new sounds!
all, i would want to do for guitar on the songs, if its ok with you guys of course use the signature ambience and synth. but also maybe apply some of my signature dynamics that make tmos songs, tmossy lol. which is pretty much, taking a riff and giving it that glitchy or computer like feel.
its just gonna take some time in the studio to hammer out all the kinks, and get these songs flowing properly to mesh with everything.
i love a good challenge, and im excited to add this new edge to our sound!
you guys really bring alot of more elements that i typically wouldn't use.
its a great advantage and a more diverse sound.
so, i say that you guys come down asap to record. we should be able to nail out 1 song for sure.

also, what about driving to maryland when we record. wouldnt that save alot of money?
and i think it would be more fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey guys:

Just wanted to start solidifying the song lineup for the album. From what we discussed there will be approximate 7 songs on the album. Just wanted to get the list of what exact songs will be. Also, should we be working on the packaging of this album as well? I.E cover, cover art, casing, etc?
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentOfChaos Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 pm

The songs we loosely agreed on were Cosmonaut, Perpetual Groove, Locust, Tyranny, Change of seasons, mechabiscuits, and an additional one we haven't written yet. Yeah we should be working on cover art as well. Also, I just wanted to throw this out there, Kim was studying and she came across the word metaphysics, which means the study of being and we thought that would be an awesome album name. clown
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Thank you.

And I like it Very Happy
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:52 am

Hello.

You know, I really like Mindflay, and I strongly feel that should be on the album. I believe that is 7 songs. How does that sound?

Ok, also k80 is showing a concern that there is no "slow song" on the album and possible lack of dynamics. I don't think so at all, but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentOfChaos Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 pm

hmm I'm just gonna throw it out there and be completely honest but I don't really care for mindflay. It doesn't do anything for me. I was thinking we could use one of Cass's songs and just add epic guitars and make it sound like one of those show closing Dream theather songs lol. Either that or spacefish, I remember Josh mentioning that before.
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum