The Code of Solaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEING INTERVIEW.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BEING INTERVIEW. Empty BEING INTERVIEW.

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:10 am

Here are the questions for the interview; the sooner you send it back the sooner I can post it on www.projectrfsezine.blogspot.com

Please follow the following guidelines:

1. Please email the completed interview back to projectrfs@gmail.com as soon as possible.

2. Don’t be afraid to give long answers to the questions; the more the better.

3. The deadline for the interview is Monday the 23rd of November. If you can’t make this deadline please let me know so that we can work something out.

4. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Also send me one good quality “band photo” that has no logos on it and is at least 650 pixels wide.

ALSO MENTION WHO I MUST CREDIT FOR TAKING THE BAND PHOTO!!!

I only need one photo so please don’t email me any logos or other live photos because then my inbox will be filled with stuff I don’t need. I’m sorry if I sound a bit rude but you won’t believe how much easier it is to get things done when people follow these guidelines.

Kind Regards
Neil van Zyl / Editor

Here are the questions:

1. Your music seems to have sort of a “spiritual” feeling to it. I guess you guys aim to give your music as much emotion as possible?

2. The band’s songs have that ambient sound all through without any instrument “dominating” the other. What instrument is used to do the majority of the writing and how does everything get added then afterwards?

3. Your vocalist has a very clean and clear singing style which is a bit rare these days. Was it a challenge to find the right type of vocalist in the beginning?

4. Does the band’s live sound differ much from what you have achieved in a recording environment and how do you guys play your “soundscaping” effects live?

5. Like many other bands these days your music does not follow “conventional” song structures. Does it take a lot of rehearsal time to eventually get a new song right before recording and later on for live shows as well?

6. You guys have a couple of songs posted on Myspace. Do you record everything yourselves and where can people get their hands on your music?

7. Would you say the band has found its “sound” and are there more things that you guys would like to attempt musically in the near future that you are excited about?

8. Making the type of music the band does must take a lot of gear to get the right results?

9. Do you have a piece of equipment that you kind of consider irreplaceable?

10. With the technology of today you guys can make the music you do very easily and with manufacturers bringing out products each year that make it even easier for anyone to record themselves; do you think recording studios will disappear eventually?

11. Any other comments or people you would like to thank?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://codeofsolaris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

BEING INTERVIEW. Empty Re: BEING INTERVIEW.

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 am

if you guys want to answer any of the questions for yourselves, just place your answer on here.
i might answer a few of them, but besides that i want you guys to answer some of them.

edit:

also! this is the venture bros. prog rock episode me and cas were talking about lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhxe1hVZ08g
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Admin wrote:Here are the questions for the interview; the sooner you send it back the sooner I can post it on www.projectrfsezine.blogspot.com

Please follow the following guidelines:

1. Please email the completed interview back to projectrfs@gmail.com as soon as possible.

2. Don’t be afraid to give long answers to the questions; the more the better.

3. The deadline for the interview is Monday the 23rd of November. If you can’t make this deadline please let me know so that we can work something out.

4. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Also send me one good quality “band photo” that has no logos on it and is at least 650 pixels wide.

ALSO MENTION WHO I MUST CREDIT FOR TAKING THE BAND PHOTO!!!

I only need one photo so please don’t email me any logos or other live photos because then my inbox will be filled with stuff I don’t need. I’m sorry if I sound a bit rude but you won’t believe how much easier it is to get things done when people follow these guidelines.

Kind Regards
Neil van Zyl / Editor

Here are the questions:

1. Your music seems to have sort of a “spiritual” feeling to it. I guess you guys aim to give your music as much emotion as possible?

2. The band’s songs have that ambient sound all through without any instrument “dominating” the other. What instrument is used to do the majority of the writing and how does everything get added then afterwards?

3. Your vocalist has a very clean and clear singing style which is a bit rare these days. Was it a challenge to find the right type of vocalist in the beginning?

4. Does the band’s live sound differ much from what you have achieved in a recording environment and how do you guys play your “soundscaping” effects live?

5. Like many other bands these days your music does not follow “conventional” song structures. Does it take a lot of rehearsal time to eventually get a new song right before recording and later on for live shows as well?

6. You guys have a couple of songs posted on Myspace. Do you record everything yourselves and where can people get their hands on your music?

7. Would you say the band has found its “sound” and are there more things that you guys would like to attempt musically in the near future that you are excited about?

8. Making the type of music the band does must take a lot of gear to get the right results?

10. With the technology of today you guys can make the music you do very easily and with manufacturers bringing out products each year that make it even easier for anyone to record themselves; do you think recording studios will disappear eventually?

We're getting interviewed? o.o;

For what? Where will it be seen? How can I get a published copy?

I'll answer all questions later on today David, if there's any of my answers you'd like to use, by all means. Also, feel free to use none of them as well. Either way, I'll give my input!

Much love and respect guys! Best weekend ever!

-Cas
Casprin
Casprin

http://Myspace.com/Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Admin wrote:if you guys want to answer any of the questions for yourselves, just place your answer on here.
i might answer a few of them, but besides that i want you guys to answer some of them.

edit:

also! this is the venture bros. prog rock episode me and cas were talking about lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhxe1hVZ08g

One of the best episodes / cartoons of all time.

I have a big post coming up, everyone, I'll get it up as soon as possible!
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 pm

its not a huge interview. but its still good to have one, and gives good reflection on what we are doing and how we came about.
its also somthing good to post on our myspace so fans can learn more about us. but yes, it will be online for people to view on a metal review web blog.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:its not a huge interview. but its still good to have one, and gives good reflection on what we are doing and how we came about.
its also somthing good to post on our myspace so fans can learn more about us. but yes, it will be online for people to view on a metal review web blog.

Badfuckingass, did we get a good review?
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Casprin wrote:
Admin wrote:its not a huge interview. but its still good to have one, and gives good reflection on what we are doing and how we came about.

Badfuckingass, did we get a good review?

yep. he loves the music and would like to include us on his online review site.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:42 pm

I didn't answer all of the questions, but here are my answers. Use them, or abuse them. Its all good to me.

Emotion, I would say is what carries the band inspirationally. Without emotion, there would be no reason to be doing what we are doing.

David answer.

It wasn’t a matter of what type of vocalist we wanted; we had always known what we were looking for to compliment our sound. It was more a matter of finding someone who could fill the shoes, which turned out to be a much more difficult process than imagined.

Our live sound offers a good balance between ambient effects, and djenty fullness. We are still in the process of finding the perfect balance to achieve our most effective live sound. Realizing that our “soundscaping” effects play such a large role in our uniqueness, we try to bring as much as it into the live shows as possible.

Most of our rehearsal comes from the actual righting process. By the time a song has been “completed”, there isn’t much rehearsal needed.

David, or Cas answer.

We definitely have found a “niche” or two that we would like to maintain throughout our writing processes, but are always excited and aspiring to create something even more worthwhile.

David, Eddie, Johnny, Cas answer.

David, Cas, Eddie, Johnny answer.

Cas, David, Eddie, Johnny answer.

Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 pm

awsome, thanks josh.
we will use them. everyone feel free to express themselves and answer the questions they want.
even if we answer them twice, its fine. gives a nice view from each of the members.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Agreed!
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:49 pm

post your responses soon, i have to turn in before the deadline.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:03 pm

I added my 2cents~
Feel free to re-answer any of the questions.
Also hurry hurry, the deadline is very soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Admin wrote:I added my 2cents~
Feel free to re-answer any of the questions.
Also hurry hurry, the deadline is very soon.

I'll do mine tomorrow, I had a ton of homework tonight, bed now.
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 am

Hey guys, mine should be done no later than Saturday.
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Here's mine! Use as you please.

Definitely. Combining the group's points of views and expressing a wide range of emotion is part of our music's purpose and allure.

It all depends on who comes in with an initial idea. A lot of times when we get together for rehearsal one or more of us will have an idea in our minds, play it for the rest of the group, and start building off that idea. From there the concepts and ideas about the song are born.

Yes! We had auditioned many vocalists claiming to be things they weren't, and were almost at a point of settling for someone mediocre, but after searching for 2 years, we finally got our break!

Cas/David

Not necessarily. To me what takes up the most time is putting a song together and making sure all the parts fit per the specs of the band. Once we decide that a song is “complete”, we all get the hang of it fairly quickly.

Cas/David

I definitely feel we have a certain “sound” to the music, but would never limit ourselves to only one thing. As a group we will travel thru all kinds of music while still keeping “real” to our core foundation, being progressive/metal. That is the great thing about progressive music, it incorporates all genres!

Cas/David

No.

I don’t think so. Even as things become more available to the average musician, I feel that studio’s will always have the advantage of experienced individuals who know the in and outs of recording. No matter how many programs are out there, you need knowledgeable seasoned people that know their stuff in order to get a quality professional recording.

[b]Heath Hughes, God, K80 (Behind every great man is a greater woman), My band members and my family.
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Absolutely. Music is a very emotional experience for both the creator and the listener. It shapes our memories, society, lifestyles, and perspectives. Spirituality is the very same, and many if not all spiritual pursuits involve or incorporate music on one level or another. The aim with our music is to reach a universality, one that can transcend any one category or genre and gather eclectically from all sources of inspiration. The hope is that our music will be appreciated by any ear that hears it on whatever level they see fit. We put a lot into our songs, but it is up to the listener to decide how much they take from it, and how it applies to their own lives and realities.

I think its safe to say we take pride in being a band where ever member contributes equally to the writing and creative process. While there may be rough drafts recorded or programmed by a few individuals in different ways, mostly because of the geographical distance between us, as a song develops it really blossoms into a nice synchronicity between the whole band. What starts out as something very basic is elaborated upon and hashed out together. There is a synergistic feeding of ideas and suggestions, and everyone is more than capable of voicing what it is they like, and don't like; or, if they think they have a better idea all-together. We have many influences from all corners of the music industry both past and present, it would almost be counter-productive to limit ourselves to the ideas of just one. The chemistry is almost unbelievable, and we never find ourselves short of material.

Eddie, Johnny, and Josh should answer this one, they have told me war stories of all the horrible vocalists they auditioned over the years until we found one another. David and I never really had issue, but then again, I never really saw myself as a lead singer. Though I'm classically trained, its just something that happened as a matter of circumstance, and necessity. I am now, however, very happy to be singing, especially for this band. Its both an honor and privilege to sing with these guys.

Our live sound is in the long term aimed to sound like the record, yes, but, the process of getting there has been a bumpy one. Hasty house sound employees and unfamiliar venues have made it difficult at times to reproduce all aspects of our songs with the level of accuracy we'd like, but we'd be fools to expect it to be perfect from the get-go. It does improve with every show, and we only see every error as an opportunity to better ourselves and make the next live just THAT much more worthwhile to those who come.

Every member is very familiar with theory and the progressive music scene so, to us its not all that much different from rehearsing 4-chord blues or and power-chord pop or rock. Its just how we enjoy playing, so, when its something you enjoy and immerse yourself in on a daily basis it doesn't seem much different or any more difficult to do oneself. While we know most of the world finds comfort in what they are familiar with in music, there is a growing appreciation for complexity and innovation. We hope to help provide this for our listeners because its what we love to play most. Its exciting to grow up and watch the music scene mature over the years. We just hope to be a link in the chain to the right direction.

We do in fact record all of what is currently available ourselves. We have slaved away to save up for two central in-home studios, alongside working countless hours to learn complex software and hardware in order to produce the sound and final product we wanted. We've just released our first EP, "Premonition", soon to be available on CDbaby, our upcoming website, and myspace itself. We hope to list on Itunes by the end of the year, and are saving and planning a trip up to Baltimore to record with one of our most respected musician friends, Mischa / Bulb from Periphery. We have a huge amount of respect for his recording insight and abilities and hope he will be the one to take the EP to completion.

Our main focus now is fine tuning the EP we have now, solidifying our live show, and getting up to Baltimore to give the songs the true professional sound we think they require and deserve to be taken seriously in this industry. We all work very hard, and don't get any handouts or help. I'd like to think we've found our sound, but each of us is also aware that there is no roof in music. We will continue to develop, refine, and innovate our sound to our own artistic needs, and to the desires of that of our fans. We like to deliver something that is always fresh, dynamic, and enjoyable by both the listener and maker. Just as we'd get bored playing the same style, the listeners would get bored hearing it. In the long term, we hope our fans can know they can always come back to us for something new, instead of the same 'ole same 'ole.

I'm a lead singer, I've used cheap house microphones before. Haha, that's a question for the rest of the guys! At least for live sound, that is. In the studio, I couldn't live without my M-Audio weighted 88-key midi keyboard, or the M-Audio external firewire audiobox. Also, Steinberg's Nuendo and Propellerhead's Reason are fantastic programs that have made our music what it is today.

Again, a question for the rest of the guys. Give me a house PA and mic and I'm set for live shows! As for in the studio, I really prefer an Audiotechnica condenser mic as opposed to a dynamic mic, and, a midi keyboard, at the very least for me, is irreplaceable.

Well while music is easier to make now than ever, it is still a rigorous process, out of reach to many of people all over the world. We had to work for several years to even afford the hardware and software to record ourselves, and then by the time we could afford it, it almost immediately becomes obsolete. It doesn't help the common recording artist, and huge profits are reaped by the makers. Music programs are being cut, or replaced in schools, and the price of records discourage some from making music all-together. There is a lot of social stigma against those who pursue it as a "hopeless dream", but that is because those who stigmatize think we all are trying to be Michael Jackson, or Madonna; That we crave fame, or money. If we find that much success, so be it, it would be a life worth living, but, if what we do positively impacts someone somewhere, and we enjoy playing it for them along the way, that to me is just as much a live worth living as the fame and glamor. In fact, by that line of logic, we've already won. Music shouldn't be used to get famous, or perhaps not even to make money, it should be separated from fame entirely. Music comes from the heart of the common man and woman. It comes during times of fear and happiness, strife and success. It tells stories, little, or complex, and changes lives, both in big ways, and in small. Music is both the voice of the people, of the sounds we hear from our fellow man. I would love to see huge elitist recording studios disappear, not because what they do is bad or wrong, but because it prevents total creative sharing, and freedom. What the internet, and these programs, and even sites like Myspace and Youtube have started doing, is putting the spotlight on anyone with enough courage and talent to show it. Not everything is worth its weight in gold in these modern means of media distribution, but, there are definitely gemstones that, prior to this technological revolution, would very easily, and most likely, been lost to us, never to be known.

I would like to thank you for the interview, it really means a lot to us. We'd also like to thank all our family, friends, and fans who support us and make all we do possible, and worthwhile. We hope these are the first steps to something wonderful and beautiful for everyone involved; either way, it will definitely be a journey worth remembering, regardless of the destination!

((I hope I didn't get too philosophical. Use any of it or none of it. If me being as crazy as I am is an embarrassment to the band, I can easily learn to just sing and keep my mouth shut during interviews. Razz))

-Cas
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Also, sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been compiling the lyrics and song title list. Also, Jess wants to be in charge of our fan site with fan forums, and is working on it for us. I didn't really say no cause no one else has offered. And every band needs a big huge dedicated female fan to do the mama hen stuff no one else will. lol

We've also been invited to play a cancer benefit Dec 16th in Tampa, I believe. No presell tickets, no pay, but benefits are usually a huge crowd. I just don't know much or any details on it yet, was throwing it out there.

Also, are you guys (Josh and Eddie) still going to be here tomorrow? (Sunday?) Because I may be gone. Jag hasn't been getting any hours at BestBuy and I need money badly to make this Baltimore trip possible so we're going to go try to get our jobs back at the club.

LEt me know, throw me a text.
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:50 am

Casprin wrote:
We've also been invited to play a cancer benefit Dec 16th in Tampa, I believe. No presell tickets, no pay, but benefits are usually a huge crowd. I just don't know much or any details on it yet, was throwing it out there.

You know me (and Josh), we are always ready to play a show, if you can get the details that way we can arrange our schedules accordingly.
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentOfChaos Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Well I'm going to have to be the one to again bring everyone to reality. We shouldn't/can't play this show in December. First off, we agreed we would not play any shows so that we could get our stuff together and save up money to record in Baltimore. That is top priority and will be the key to bigger and better shows. Second, I will not have my amp for anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Third, the show is on a Wednesday and I'm in the middle of shipping peak season. People who call out get fired, or written warning letters so I will not be able to miss work. Fourth, we sounded like ass last show and at the moment we aren't ready to play any shows (especially so soon) unless we want to half ass what we are really going for. I want our next show to incorporate keys because the ambient aspect of the music is not present at our shows. I also expect us to be able to incorporate back up vocals to some of the songs like we had planned. So thats where I stand, and I love playing shows, but I'd rather get our act together before showcasing it. afro
AgentOfChaos
AgentOfChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprin Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

AgentOfChaos wrote:Well I'm going to have to be the one to again bring everyone to reality. We shouldn't/can't play this show in December. First off, we agreed we would not play any shows so that we could get our stuff together and save up money to record in Baltimore. That is top priority and will be the key to bigger and better shows. Second, I will not have my amp for anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Third, the show is on a Wednesday and I'm in the middle of shipping peak season. People who call out get fired, or written warning letters so I will not be able to miss work. Fourth, we sounded like ass last show and at the moment we aren't ready to play any shows (especially so soon) unless we want to half ass what we are really going for. I want our next show to incorporate keys because the ambient aspect of the music is not present at our shows. I also expect us to be able to incorporate back up vocals to some of the songs like we had planned. So thats where I stand, and I love playing shows, but I'd rather get our act together before showcasing it. afro

Yea I still say album first.
Casprin
Casprin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 am

interview deadline is today, so i have to send it out asap.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Hey David, I would say go ahead and put together the best answers so far given and go ahead send it off.

Very Happy
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm

frostypookyeddieeddie wrote:Hey David, I would say go ahead and put together the best answers so far given and go ahead send it off.

Very Happy

no prob.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Sweet! Let us know once it is posted!
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  frostypookyeddieeddie Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Johnny: Any ideas on how we will practice while your amp is being repaired? I was thinking you could always run thru the p.a., I don't know if you know anyone who could lend you one for the time being, or you could even consider buying a el cheapo head to be your backup. What do you think?
frostypookyeddieeddie
frostypookyeddieeddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next