The Code of Solaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STUDIO RECORDINGS !!!

3 posters

Go down

STUDIO RECORDINGS !!! Empty STUDIO RECORDINGS !!!

Post  Admin Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Just a reminder,

The main priority besides the show coming up, is the studio recordings!
I know once we have a CD, we are going to get signed. And we really need label support for what we want to do next.
I should be able to come up with around 1000 bucks within the next 3-4 months.
If you guys can match me, and maybe a bit more for airfare, ect. we should be set to goto Baltimore for recording.

We should really try to do it asap!
Misha and Jake are starting to tour alot more, and we could miss out on getting recordings anytime soon.

I figure we can track all the guitar parts, bass, synth/effects with misha.
Then track drums with joshs peeps, and vocals in orlando at chengo/gridlock studios.
WE WILL BE SET.

Im sure you guys already know, our cd is going to kick ass!
And when we get into the studio, I feel we are going to make something that will even blow our expectations out of the water.

we have:

5 TMOS songs

2 code iris
and
2 new ones your working on

Its very possible for us to get this CD started within the next 4-5 months.
So if we can get a band bank account started, thats a great start!
I promise to throw money inside of it every couple of weeks i get paid.

I want to hear your guys input, and ideas to get this set in motion!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://codeofsolaris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

STUDIO RECORDINGS !!! Empty Re: STUDIO RECORDINGS !!!

Post  Josh Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Admin wrote:Just a reminder,

I know once we have a CD, we are going to get signed. And we really need label support for what we want to do next.
If you guys can match me, and maybe a bit more for airfare, ect. we should be set to goto Baltimore for recording.

Misha and Jake are starting to tour alot more, and we could miss out on getting recordings anytime soon.

Then track drums with joshs peeps, and vocals in orlando at chengo/gridlock studios.
WE WILL BE SET.

Alrighty. Here is my $0.02. I agree that once we have a solid EP released, that getting noticed and signed would be a much easier process. My only urk though would be trying raise over $1000+ a person to fly people up to Baltimore to achieve a recording quality that I believe to be not as good as that of your own David. I know that you are sceptical about your mixes, but I'm sure that it is because they are YOUR mixes and I'm sure that even Misha finds flaws in his mixes. Its a perfectionist thing. Smile

SO! What I recommend that we do is:

-Record the drum tracks at a high-end studio to get the best sounding drums with a click-track possible.
-We then record everyone else using your mixes David. Once we record everyone, and hear how it all sounds after you've mixed and done the best you can do, we can then decide whether or not we need to even spend money on recording at all.

$1000 dollars is a lot of money to save in a short amount of time, I mean heck, we can't even get Johnny to pitch in $30 a month for band rent. Razz Love you Johnny!

Admin wrote:
And when we get into the studio, I feel we are going to make something that will even blow our expectations out of the water.

we have:

5 TMOS songs

2 code iris
and

Songs to go on the demo: I see that you've listed 5 TMoS songs. Those are Cosmonaut, DNA, Perpetual Groove, CoSM, and __________?

The 2 "Code Iris" songs are obviously Solarcentric, and Locus, and we can also add (working titles) Tyranny, and the two newest songs Seasons of Change, and Space Fish. This would give the album a HUGE variety of sounds, which helps increase our audience!

Let me know what you guys think.
Josh
Josh

http://www.myspace.com/joshuahughescarpediem

Back to top Go down

Post  e(d)²e Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Josh wrote:
Admin wrote:Just a reminder,

WE WILL BE SET.

Alrighty. Here is my $0.02. I agree that once we have a solid EP released, that getting noticed and signed would be a much easier process. My only urk though would be trying raise over $1000+ a person to fly people up to Baltimore to achieve a recording quality that I believe to be not as good as that of your own David. I know that you are sceptical about your mixes, but I'm sure that it is because they are YOUR mixes and I'm sure that even Misha finds flaws in his mixes. Its a perfectionist thing. Smile

SO! What I recommend that we do is:

-Record the drum tracks at a high-end studio to get the best sounding drums with a click-track possible.
-We then record everyone else using your mixes David. Once we record everyone, and hear how it all sounds after you've mixed and done the best you can do, we can then decide whether or not we need to even spend money on recording at all.

$1000 dollars is a lot of money to save in a short amount of time, I mean heck, we can't even get Johnny to pitch in $30 a month for band rent. Razz Love you Johnny!

Admin wrote:

we have:

5 TMOS songs

2 code iris
and

Songs to go on the demo: I see that you've listed 5 TMoS songs. Those are Cosmonaut, DNA, Perpetual Groove, CoSM, and __________?

The 2 "Code Iris" songs are obviously Solarcentric, and Locus, and we can also add (working titles) Tyranny, and the two newest songs Seasons of Change, and Space Fish. This would give the album a HUGE variety of sounds, which helps increase our audience!

Let me know what you guys think.

Yes. Laughing Cool Razz Laughing Very Happy Smile Cool Razz
e(d)²e
e(d)²e

http://www.myspace.com/codeiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum